Google
 

Welcome


Powered by IP2Location.com
Remember . . . When you visit this BLOGs and you see a photo you like, just click on the photo to enlarge it.



Sunday, March 30, 2008

Cheese Omelet


Here is another simple meal for breakfast or lunch. For that matter, for anytime. However, neither my Mother nor my Grandmother invented it. If you go to Google and type Cheese Omelet you will find lots of different recipes with lots of different stuff added to them.

It is the weekend and time for another simple and delicious meal.




All we need is eggs, cheese and milk plus some pepper and paprika to taste. I never cook with salt because of my heart condition. But add it if you wish.





I like a three egg omelet so I broke three eggs in the bowl.





Add some milk (about 1/4 cup). The milk makes the omelet bigger and fluffy. Just don't add too much milk because it will fill the pan. Stir until well mixed.




I prefer to use Cheddar Cheese. It is firmer and has a terrific taste, particularly, in an omelet. Cut the cheese into small pieces. You can use your own choice of cheese.





Lightly oil the fry pan or use a cooking spray so the eggs don't stick to the pan. Pour in the mixture of eggs and milk.





Add some paprika and black pepper to taste.





Once the omelet has cooked a bit and is no longer runny, sprinkle the cheese all over the omelet.





Once everything is firm fold the omelet in half. In this case I folded too soon and it didn't look pretty. But that doesn't matter. Notice how it is golden brown.





With a large omelet it helps to cut it in half before turning it over. Cook each side until golden brown.





This omelet was not pretty at all. Here it is fallen to pieces. But, don't worry it will still taste lovely.




Here is a two egg cheese omelet. It is easier to handle and looks pretty!




I cut it in half before turning it over.





Now that is more like it. This one looks pretty!





You can eat it alone or with sausage as shown here or with bacon, ham or any meat you choose. Notice I love ketchup so I put a big spoon full on the omelet.


This omelet tastes fantastic because of the Cheddar Cheese. Of course you can use the basic eggs and milk recipe and add anything you like, such as green pepper and ham for a Spanish Omelet.

Like the French Toast in the previous post, this is quick, simple and delicious.



Photos by Urso Branco

3 comments:

Thistlemoon said...

I love omelettes! They are so good!

Welcome to The Foodie Blogroll!

Anonymous said...

Can't go wrong with an omelet, this one looks delicious!

JD at I Do Things said...

Mmmm. I love ketchup on my omelets too. Believe me, even your 3-egg omelet is prettier than anything I've come up with.

Support a living planet - Join WWF